Canada is slowly emerging as the most popular destination for Indians to migrate. In the last few years, Canada has provided friendly migration policies to overseas workforce in order to boost its economy. This has been especially prevalent after the last couple of years of pandemic. However, the Canadian government has made some critical changes to the NOC system. Rudraksh Immigration Group in Mohali lists out all these updates to the Express Entry Program so that the aspirants don’t get confused or severely affected by these changes.
What is NOC 2021?
IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) has implemented the new NOC (National Occupation Classification/Code) 2021 to migration to Canada in November 2022. This new system replaces the old NOC codes with a TEER (Training, Education, Experience and Responsibilities) system. It will affect the eligibility for Canada’s 100+ immigration programs. The eligibility for the migration programmes will now be determined based on the eligibility that this new system will put in place. The skill types under this new TEER system will be as follows:
- Skill Type 0 —> TEER 0
- Skill Type A —>TEER 1
- Skill Type B —>TEER 2
- Skill Type B —>TEER 3
- Skill Type C —>TEER 4
- Skill Type D —>TEER 5
Moreover, the positions under each TEER category will be the following:
- TEER 0 – Management Positions
- TEER 1 – Require university degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD)
- TEER 2 – Require 2-3 years post-secondary education at community college, institute of technology or 2-5 years long apprenticeship or supervisory/safety responsibilities like police officers and firefighters.
- TEER 3 – Require post-secondary education of less than 2 years at community college, institute of technology or less than 2 years apprenticeship or more than 6 months of on-the-job training.
- TEER 4 – Require completion of secondary school or on-the-job training with secondary school education.
- TEER 5 – Short-term work demonstration and no formal education.
More importantly, there are 16 new work profiles/occupations added to the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) or Canadian Experience Class (CEC) added under this new system:
- Payroll administrators (NOC 13102, previously NOC 1432)
- Dental assistants and dental laboratory assistants (NOC 33100, previously NOC 4311)
- Nurse aides, orderlies, and patient service associates (NOC 33102, previously NOC 3413)
- Pharmacy technical assistants and pharmacy assistants (NOC 33103, previously NOC 3219)
- Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants (NOC 43100, previously NOC 4413)
- Sheriffs and bailiffs (NOC 43200, previously NOC 4421)
- Correctional service officers (NOC 43201, previously NOC 4422)
- By-law enforcement and other regulatory officers (NOC 43202, previously NOC 4423)
- Estheticians, electrologists and related occupations (NOC 63211, previously NOC 6562)
- Residential and commercial installers and servicers (NOC 73200, previously NOC 7441)
- Pest controllers and fumigators (NOC 73202, previously NOC 7444)
- Other repairers and servicers (NOC 73209, previously NOC 7445)
- Transport truck drivers (NOC 73300, previously NOC 7511)
- Bus drivers, subway operators and other transit operators (NOC 73301, previously NOC 7512)
- Heavy equipment operators (NOC 73400, previously NOC 7521)
- Aircraft assemblers and aircraft assembly inspectors (NOC 93200, previously NOC 9521)
On the other hand, there are 3 profiles that have been made INELIGIBLE:
- Other performers (NOC 55109, previously NOC 5232)
- Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport and fitness (NOC 54100, previously NOC 5254)
- Tailors, dressmakers, furries and milliners (NOC 64200, previously NOC 6342).
Applicants who have received ITA before November 16, 2022, will need to use the old 4-digit NOC code. However, the applicants who have received the ITA after November 16, 2022, or are planning to apply for the ITA now will need to use the new 5-digit TEER codes. The same needs to be updated and edited in your Express Entry profile on the IRCC portal with the new TEER code. Finally, the CRS score will be awarded according to the TEER system now. For more info, contact Rudraksh immigration group in Mohali.